CDL Medical Exam
Back To Health Chiropractic Offers Quick And Easy CDL Physical Exams
Commercial driver’s license holders are among the employees that are marked as “safety-sensitive” by the Department of Transportation. This means that, because the job of a CDL holder can impact both his safety and the safety of the general public, CDL holders must have regular physicals to be compliant and to keep working.
Back To Health Chiropractic offers quick and easy CDL physical exams. We make the process of getting a CDL physical exam convenient and efficient, so you can get back on the job.
What Does A CDL Physical Exam Test?
The areas covered by a CDL physical exam include:
CDL holders must have at least 20/40 acuity in each eye with or without correction. Additionally, CDL holders are required to have at least 70” peripheral in the horizontal meridian, measured in each eye.
The hearing requirements for a CDL holder include being able to perceive what is known as a “forced whisper” at a distance of 5ft or less, with or without a hearing aid. This standard equates to an average hearing loss in the better ear of less than 40 dB.
During a CDL physical exam, drivers will have blood pressure and pulse tested to look for high blood pressure and irregular heartbeats.
A urinalysis is a test that looks for indications of underlying medical conditions such as diabetes and is required.
The general physical exam will include many different categories, such as:
- General appearance
- Eyes (cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, etc.)
- Ears (scarring of the tympanic membrane, perforated eardrums, etc.)
- Mouth and throat (to look for problems breathing or swallowing)
- Heart (murmurs, extra sounds, pacemaker, etc.)
- Lungs and chest, not including breast examination (abnormal breathing, impaired respiratory functions, cyanosis, etc.)
- Abdomen and Viscera (enlarged liver, viscera, muscle weakness)
- Vascular (abnormal pulse, carotid, varicose veins)
- Genito-urinary (hernias)
- Extremities (limb impaired)
- Spine, other musculoskeletal (previous surgery, limitation of motion, tenderness, etc.)
- Neurological (impaired equilibrium, coordination or speech pattern, ataxia, asymmetric deep tendon reflexes)
Back To Health For Quick, Easy, Professional CDL Physical Exams
Our prospective members can rely on Back To Health for professional, experienced care. Whether you need a DOT medical exam, chiropractic care, massage therapy, or other health and wellness services in the area, a visit to Back To Health means you are in capable and caring hands. The team at Back To Health is knowledgeable and dedicated to improving and maintaining your best health. We urge you to contact us or call us today at (973) 595-1809 NJ & (305) 705-7007 FL
We are proud to serve the New Jersey, New York and Florida area and are eager to help you live a life that is pain-free and stress-free.
Dr. Roman Kreyman, D.C., is a chiropractic physician at Back To Health Chiropractic servicing New York, New Jersey and Florida. He graduated from the North East College of Health Sciences in 2003 with a prior undergraduate bachelor’s degree in Biology from Yeshiva University. Dr. Kreyman is a certified medical examiner for DOT CDL/CLP medical exams.
Back To Health Chiropractic. “We Got Your Back.”
9am – 8pm NJ
2pm – 7pm FL
9am – 2pm FL
9am – 3pm NJ
Things to know
- Bring relevant documentation regarding health
- List of medications being taken
- Avoid caffeine and tobacco should be avoided in the hour if the exams
- Hearing acuity (must be able to detect a loud whisper at a distance of 5 feet)
- Overall vision and visual acuity (must be correctable to at least 20/40)
- Good color vision
- Urine test to measure your blood levels of glucose, protein, and sugar levels
- Blood pressure (140/90 maximum)
Experiencing Pain? We Can Help.
We know how long hours of taxing affects your health and well-being. If you are experiencing back and neck pains, joint issues, tingling hands, arms or legs, a chiropractic adjustment can help you.
With our premium chiropractic care, we can help you perform your best on the road and back at home.